How Much Does House Cleaning Services Cost In Nigeria?
A one-bedroom apartment costs around ₦13,000 – ₦19,000 to clean. A two-bedroom apartment costs about ₦17,000 to ₦27,000. A three-bedroom apartment typically costs ₦23,000 – ₦33,000, while the cost of cleaning a duplex with more than three bedrooms ranges from ₦34,000 – ₦55,000. On average, house cleaning services prices in Nigeria is about ₦4000 to ₦8000 per room.
House Cleaning Services Prices
Prices of house cleaning services in Nigeria depend on the size of the home and the type of cleaning needed. Additionally, services such as laundry, cleaning of windows or fridge can also add to the cleaning cost. Hiring a cleaning company or an individual cleaner affects the cleaning price as well. Usually, an individual cleaner charges less than a cleaning company. For instance, cleaning companies in Lagos charge around ₦20,000 to ₦27,000 for a 2 bedroom apartment, while individual cleaners charge between ₦17,000 to ₦22,000 for the same 2 bedroom apartment.
|Home Size||Standard Cleaning||Deep Cleaning|
|1 bedroom flat||₦13,000 – ₦19,000||₦17,000 – ₦23,000|
|2 bedroom flat||₦17,000 – ₦27,000||₦22,000 – ₦32,000|
|3 bedroom flat||₦23,000 – ₦33,000||₦30,000 – ₦36,000|
|4 bedroom flat||₦25,000 – ₦35,000||₦33,000 – ₦40,000|
|Half duplex||₦30,000 – ₦45,000||₦35,000 – ₦50,000|
|Full duplex||₦34,000 – ₦50,000||₦37,000 – ₦55,000|
|1 window cleaning||₦1,500 – ₦2,500||₦1,500 – ₦2,500|
Table of Contents
- Move-In / Move-out cleaning prices
- Post-construction cleaning prices
- After party / Event cleaning prices
What is included in a standard house cleaning?
Standard cleaning includes sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, emptying trash, making bed, cleaning mirrors, sinks, faucets, appliances and tidying up the whole house. The average price of a one-time standard house cleaning is between ₦17,000 – ₦27,000 for a 2 bedroom apartment. The total cleaning price depends on the size of the apartment.
What is included in a deep house cleaning?
In general, deep house cleaning includes the thorough cleaning of bedrooms, living areas, kitchen and bathrooms. It could also include the cleaning of refrigerators, ovens, cabinets, windows, lamps and fans as well as areas that are hard to reach. The average price of a one-time deep house cleaning is between ₦22,000 – ₦32,000 for a 2 bedroom apartment. The total cleaning price depends on the size of the apartment.
Other Cleaning Services Prices
Move-In / Move-out cleaning prices
Move in or Move out cleaning costs between ₦17,000 – ₦30,000 on average for a 2-bedroom apartment or house. Move out cleaning is important when selling your home or when moving in or out of an apartment. Move out cleaning includes a deep clean and extra services such as cleaning out kitchen cabinets and polishing of floors.
Post-construction cleaning prices
Construction site can look an absolute mess therefore a busy contractor, homeowner or real estate agent might need a trained post-construction cleaner to get rid of the mess. Post-construction cleaning costs average ₦25,000 to ₦35000 for a 2 bedroom apartment.
After party / Event cleaning prices
Event cleaning is the complete cleanup after an event or party. It includes cleaning dirty dishes, taking out trash and tidying up the event area. On average, after party cleaning of a 2 bedroom apartment costs ₦27,000 to ₦35000. Some companies also charge between ₦9,000 to ₦15,000 per cleaner needed for the event. The price can vary depending on the size of the area to be cleaned and how dirty the event area is.
|Home Size||Move-In/Out Cleaning||Post-Construction Cleaning|
|1 bedroom flat||₦13,000 – ₦20,000||₦20,000 – ₦27,000|
|2 bedroom flat||₦17,000 – ₦30,000||₦27,000 – ₦40,000|
|3 bedroom flat||₦23,000 – ₦35,000||₦40,000 – ₦48,000|
|4 bedroom flat||₦25,000 – ₦35,000||₦42,000 – ₦50,000|
|Half duplex||₦35,000 – ₦45,000||₦45,000 – ₦75,000|
|Full duplex||₦40,000 – ₦70,000||₦50,000 – ₦150,000|
Cleaning Services Price List
Below are the home cleaning prices of a few cleaning companies. The prices of most cleaning companies are negotiable and they usually give discounts depending on the size of the premises to be cleaned. Avatex Global Concept offers free fumigation service for Move-In cleaning of a duplex.
|Company||2 bedroom||3 bedroom||Full duplex|
|COMFORT ECO PEST AND CLEANING SERVICES||₦25,000||₦30,000||₦40,000|
|Micky Minch cleaning services||₦23,000||₦28,000||₦38,000|
|River Bank Cleaning||₦25,000||₦30,000||₦35,000|
How To Estimate The Cost Of Home Cleaning
Several factors can influence the price of cleaning services. For instance, the number of rooms you want to clean and the type of cleaning – standard, deep, move in/move out, or post construction cleaning will determine the final price. In addition, extra services such as fridge and oven cleaning can increase the price. Below are some determining factors when estimating house cleaning rates:
- The number of rooms to be cleaned
- The number of home cleaners needed
- The amount of time the cleaning will take
- The type of cleaning supplies needed or requested
- Extra services needed. E.g. window cleaning, fridge and oven cleaning, or laundry.
How to Save Money on House Cleaning
Below are 6 tips you can use to save money when hiring a house cleaner:
- Discount: Ask if they have special offers or discounts for elderly people, single parent etc.
- Cleaning packages: A lot of cleaning companies have cleaning packages that clients can subscribe to. Subscribing to these packages are usually cheaper than one-time cleanings.
- Cleaning supplies: Buy your own cleaning supplies to save money. The cost of cleaning materials that house cleaners use are often included in the total cost. In addition, buying your own cleaning supplies will give you the option to have them use quality or natural products for your home.
- Choose your services: Avoid added costs by choosing the services you want upfront. Extra services like laundry and window cleaning can increase the total cleaning cost.
- Choose rooms: If it is not important for you to clean some rooms or spaces, you can save money by excluding those areas.
- Regular cleanings: The less work the house cleaner has to do, the less you will pay. Therefore, it is recommended to book house cleaners on a regular basis so that your home will be easier to maintain which then saves you money.
Should you hire a cleaning company or individual cleaner?
Cleaning companies are often more expensive than individual cleaners. However, most cleaning companies are insured and they normally perform background checks on their employees. Larger cleaning companies usually have standard procedures for cleaning a client’s home and you are more likely to receive a written contract from cleaning companies than an individual cleaner. Individual cleaners may operate more informally which usually makes them less expensive. However, it is always wise to request for a written contract regardless of whether you want to hire an independent cleaner or a cleaning company. Furthermore, always check for reviews online before you make the decision to hire. Below are some differences between a cleaning company and an individual cleaner:
|Comparisons||Cleaning Companies||Individual Cleaners|
|1 room||₦6,000 – ₦12,000||₦4,000 – ₦7,000|
|Pros and cons||Registered
Prices are often set
|May not be registered
May not be insured
Prices are negotiable
May not provide a written contract
How to Hire a Great House Cleaner
Here are some tips you can use to hire a great cleaning lady or man:
- Compare prices from different cleaning professionals before you hire.
- Hire a company that is insured as this will protect you and your property in case of damage or theft.
- Hire a cleaning company that is legally registered. You can check if a company is registered in Nigeria here.
- Ask about them from friends who have used their services or check their reviews online to know if they do a great job or not.
- Find out their years of experience and ask for recommendations.
- Do a background check to make sure you are allowing a trusted cleaning lady or man into your home.
- Find out their years of experience and ask for recommendations.
- Beware of companies that offers a widely low price. If it is too good to be true, it probably is.
- Clearly list everything you want to clean and how you want them to be cleaned.
- Ask them for the discount you will get if you use your own cleaning supplies.
- Lock up valuables such as cash, jewelry, bank cards or any pricey accessories.
- Ask the cleaning lady or man for money-back or re-clean guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the cleaning.
- If you have allergies, ask if their cleaning products are safe and do not cause allergic reactions.
Get free cost estimates on VisCorner from trusted home cleaners near you.
How do we know these prices?
Thousands of people ask VisCorner for price quotes every year. We track the prices they get from cleaning professionals and share them with you.